On December 1st on the road, the Hurricanes beat the Minutemen, 75-62.
A fact on this pairing: A year ago, Miami (FL) won 83-75.
Miami (FL) took this one while dominating Massachusetts in defensive rebounding and also coming out on top in three-point shooting.
Miami (FL) used defensive rebounds to establish possession of the ball, with an advantage of 30 to 19. Miami (FL) launched threes and hit 40% of them, surpassing the 21% from Massachusetts.
Reggie Johnson led all scorers against the Minutemen with 19 points on 46% shooting in 33 minutes. Johnson also contributed a game-leading 13 rebounds.
The Hurricanes are now 5-1 in the early going. They also tacked another win onto a 4 game streak.
The next game is against Charlotte at home on December 14th.
- The top two scorers (Reggie Johnson and Durand Scott) accounted for 45.3% of the points.
- The Hurricanes have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Durand Scott has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Reggie Johnson recorded the 26th double digit rebound game of his career.
- Reggie Johnson had a career high with 6 blocks.
Massachusetts Game Notes:
- Raphiael Putney set a career high with a 100% three point percentage.
- Chaz Williams has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Terrell Vinson recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 7th of his career.
- Chaz Williams recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 7th of his career.
- Terrell Vinson accounted for 32.3% of the team's rebounds.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Reggie Johnson